Senin, 25 Juli 2011

Stress Managemen

While giving a lecture on Stress Management Steven Covey raised a glass of water and asked his students: "How heavy do you think about a glass of water?"
The students answered ranging from 200 gr to 500 gr.
"It's not a matter of absolute weight, but depending on how long you hold it. "Covey said.
"If I hold it for a minute, no problem. If I hold it for an hour, my right arm will be sore. And if I hold it for a full day, you may have to call an ambulance for me. It weighs exactly the same, but the longer I hold it, then the burden will be heavier. "
"If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later we will not be able to carry on. The burden becoming increasingly heavier. "Covey continued.
"What we should do is put the glass down, rest for a moment before lifting it again."

We must leave the burden periodically, so that we can be refreshed and able to carry on. So before you return home from work this afternoon, the burden of work. Do not take home. That burden can be taken again tomorrow. Whatever the burden on your shoulders today, trying to leave for a moment if you can.